Electrical inspections are an important part of purchasing and owning a home or business. When you have a property inspected by a highly trained electrical inspector you are able to make an informed choice on the state of the electrical system prior to purchase. Or, if you already own a building, they can save you money by discovering issues before they become a problem and provide the maintenance you need.
It is crucial that electrical inspections & maintenance services are completed on a scheduled basis. Annual electrical inspections & maintenance should be performed on the following equipment :
- Electrical panels, switchboards, and section cabinets
- Electric equipment is to be examined for cleanliness
- Cables or other electric equipment are still in the original position
- Conduit penetrations are still in good condition
- No evidence of overheating, burning or tracking
- Measuring equipment and checking specifications
- Mechanical ventilation, if required, operates
- Over current protection devices checked for its rating and settings
- Contacts and arc screens, on all devices checked and reconditioned or replaced
- Movable parts of all electrical devices are to be opened and closed then tested
- Check all electrical connection points for tightness
- Thermograph aids may be considered to detect hot spots
- Inspection of batteries, the condition of connections, hold downs, ventilation and the tray tightness
- Computer monitored electrical system checks for specifications
- Proper circuit insulation measurement and wire sizing
- All circuits are to be subject to insulation measurements for comparison with the insulation recordings previously established.
- Circuit interlocks tested.
- Over current protective devices are to be tested.
- Electronic protective devices for generators and large consumers tested
- The operation of all emergency sources of power tested, including their automatic devices
Hartland Electric employs a team of highly skilled electricians trained specifically to inspect electrical equipment. Contact us today to schedule your electrical inspection.