Electrical inspections are an important part of purchasing and owning a home or business. When you have a property inspected by a highly trained electrical inspector, you are able to make an informed choice on the state of the electrical system prior to purchase. If you already own a building, proper inspection can save you money by discovering issues before they become a problem and providing the maintenance you need.
It is crucial that electrical inspections and maintenance services are completed on a scheduled basis. Annual electrical inspections & maintenance should be performed on the following equipment to ensure:
- Electrical panels, switchboards, and section cabinets are up to code
- Electric equipment is in a proper state of cleanliness
- Cables or other electric equipment are still in the original position
- Conduit penetrations are still in good condition
- There is no evidence of overheating, burning or tracking
- Specifications are checked
- Mechanical ventilation, if required, operates
- Over current protection devices are checked for rating and settings
- Contacts and arc screens on all devices are checked, reconditioned, or replaced
- Movable parts of all electrical devices are tested and operating correctly
- All electrical connection points are checked for tightness
- Hot spots are detected with thermographs
- Operation of batteries, condition of connections, hold downs, ventilation, and tray tightness
- Computer monitored electrical systems are checked for specifications
- Proper circuit insulation measurement and wire sizing
- All circuits match the insulation measurements previously established.
- Circuit interlocks are tested.
- Over current protective devices are tested.
- Electronic protective devices for generators and large consumers are tested
- The operation of all emergency sources of power are tested, including their automatic devices
Hartland Electric employs a team of highly skilled electricians trained specifically to inspect electrical equipment. Contact us today to schedule your electrical inspection.